Thought of the moment....

No matter how hard you try, you will NEVER control anyone else's attitudes, actions, or outcomes. The only person that you have the ability to directly impact is you, and it is your responsibility to learn how to do just that...to utilize the knowledge, skills, and abilities you have been given to impact the world in the most positive way that you can EVERY chance you get!



Friday, September 2, 2011

Famished by Lauren Hammond

I loved this book from the moment I started reading it. It makes me want to know more and making me crazy with the unknown. So if you haven't gotten a chance to pick up this book then please go do it now. I don't think that you will be disappointed at all.

Here is the Goodreads Blurb:
There is no United States. There is no world. An asteroid has destroyed what the human race knew as earth and The Great Famine has wiped out most of the surviving human population. For the few remaining survivors, food is scarce-- precious--a luxury. A luxury that most humans can’t find.

Seventeen year old Georgina Carver is fortunate. She’s survived the destruction. She eats three times a day while the rest of humanity is plagued by The Great Famine. And she’s safe, hidden away in an underground colony with her family and several other families of survivors.

All of that changes the day she’s randomly selected to be a gatherer. Georgina must leave her safe yet simple world and venture out into a world unknown. A vast, dangerous, destroyed world that could literally eat her alive.

After Georgina is severely injured, her life begins to fall apart. She can’t remember how she got home or what happened to her while she was on the new earth. The boy she is crushing on avoids her and she keeps having visions that involve an unknown person with violet eyes.

As Georgina begins to unravel the truth, it doesn’t take her long to figure out that maybe her safe yet simple life isn’t that safe at all.



My Take:
FamishedFamished by Lauren Hammond
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wowza. I loved reading this book so much I did it all at once. I couldn't stand not knowing what was going to happen next. Craving Hunger Games from Suzanne Collins? Yeah, then you will eat this series up. It will leave you FAMISHED and wanting more by the last page.


I won this book from Lauren and am so happy I got the chance to read it. A wonderful story about a colony living underground trying to survive. Georgina is one tough young lady and has heroine written all over her.


When her name is drawn from the lottery and she is paired with her long time crush, Colin, things are looking really hot and steamy. When they get to the surface to look for supplies things go from bad to worse. They have two separate lists to shop from and have to try to dig through rocks, dirt and debris for what they need.


Once they leave each others side, the adventure begins and unknowingly Georgina will meet an ally that will help her survive. A small mixture of a love triangle is in the desolate air.


Recommended for all YA lovers of dystopian times.


View all my reviews

5 comments:

LM Preston said...

Awesome! Glad you liked Famished, my daughter and I loved it also.

Sarah Tokeley said...

Definitely sounds like one for me :-)

shelly said...

Sounds good.

Cheryl B. Dale said...

Loved The Hunger Games. Going to try this one!

Kelly Hashway said...

I loved Famished! So great. It grabbed me from page one and didn't let go.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...